We had a rather quiet new year's celebration this year...new years eve...not a celebration. Kristian and I stayed up only because we needed to and then gave each other a kiss and went to bed. But New Years Day is Aunt Kaci's birthday!!! We made sure she came over that afternoon and we dropped balloons from the ceiling onto her head and made a huge sign that the girls had great fun decorating. I even made her a cake which was my second attempt at fondant (although it has been over two years since that last time) that turned out alright. They say in the cake world that the pros just know how to cover up their mistakes...I need to learn some of those tricks...but the pictures look okay:) We are looking forward to a new and exciting year with all of the changes we will soon be experiencing. We hope everyone else welcomed the new year in with some good times! Happy NEW YEAR ALL!!!!
**********************************************************************************
Aunt Kaci getting some birthday advise from Avery.

What a party!! Whew...they are animals!
Aunt Kaci loves animal print things...and so I decided on an animal print purse. I thought I would do leopard originally, but the zebra seemed easier...Kristian came up with the idea of putting her initials as a buckle...we make a good team!
Up close and personal...
It's alive!!! Red velvet cake...so fitting:)
*******************************************************************************
I have to premise this video. I am one of those geeky people who don't know how awful they look on camera until it happens. I don't translate my actions to the "big screen" So I am bouncing and rocking quite obnoxiously in this video. But if you listen close you can hear Avery and her great singing voice...she loves, loves, loves to sing. In fact, before she was two she was singing whole songs (course mostly just mom could understand them:)...her favorite to this day is "A Child's Prayer"...or as we call it "Heavenly Father." She is so sweet:)
3 comments:
You have a serious gift, I don't know what fondant is ,but that was an incredible cake, you need to advertise and make yourself some money. Your cakes are awesome! Mikaela just listend with me to Avery singing, can we just get you to find a job here in Indiana? We'd LOVE IT!!!! come on, you'll be close to your family in MN :)
Oh my gosh Brooke...that cake looks great...I don't think I could've cut into that piece of art! How fitting for Kaci...great job! and I love the video=)
WOW!!! That cake is amazing Brooke! I've heard fondant is hard to use, but obviously not for you. I love the video of Avery singing, it is so sweet, and Brooke it's so funny you look just like any mom would when there child is singing or performing in someway.
Post a Comment