Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hi...we are still here...

Yes, it has been forever. Yes, you probably have given up and will notice I have a new post several days from now when you happen to think...oh, maybe I should just check in on Am and Fm...well family and friends...here you go...a glimpse into the last month or so of our lives...finally... ***************************************************************************** One of the things that I WILL miss about Tucson, is the fact that it was 75 the other day and we drove up Mt. Lemmon and it was 40 with snow enough to satisfy our craving. We visited the ranger's/visitors station where the girls each got an animal souvenir and then drank hot chocolate on the porch and made a mini snowman. We wore coats at the top (well most of us) and took them off at the bottom. I will miss Mt. Lemmon...it is stunningly beautiful and a stark contrast to the dessert just when you need it! So we CAN make something out of this stuff? Avery posing with snowman and a nice hot chocolate mustache:) Fin just kept putting her hands in it and saying "cold, cold." She was a little obsessed about it:) Notice the bear she is clutching for dear life. I know it's nothing compared to Minnesota, but it is our little taste of the white world:) ************************************************************************* On Valentines day, we got a package from Gramma A that had some pretty dresses in it all wrapped in this fun paper. Avery decided she wanted to put it on her head and this is what evolved. We kept it on when we went to see daddy at work...he loved it! She called herself a Valentine princess! Fin enjoying some Valentine goodies *********************************************************************** Last week we went to a wildlife museum for playgroup. There were many stuffed animals and so I wasn't sure how the girls would enjoy it, but turns out they really liked getting up close and personal with the dead "rarh rarh's" (as Finley calls them)...we had a great time! ********************************************************************** Finley went for her 18 month check up yesterday and is still consistently off the charts for height. She is in the 50-75% for weight whatever that means. The above picture is from snack time...she loves cream cheese. She is so funny though...she gets sick of certain foods and will let you know. I have quit giving her cheerios as a snack and have even backed down from the fish and pretzels...she gets bored if I give her the same things two days in a row even at snack time. But two things I can count on that she will always eat are apples and "sheeze!" So this is a typical armload for Finley. She is always toting Bunny, her drink, and usually her binky (I gave up and have let her have it daily now...I know, I know, but it has done wonders for her temperment:). When she finds something she wants to play with, she just rotates a little, but she must know where each item is at all times! ************************************************************************* Lately Avery is so spiritual! It is so sweet how much she loves to talk about the gospel. She loves the story of Jonah and the whale and loves to recite it word for word to anyone who will listen. We have been working on her articles of faith and she loves to talk about missionaries and what they do. Often I am told that I have to have a "missionary moment" to share before I can enter a room, or as in this picture, enter the cupboard. I absolutely love it. We have been praying a lot for daddy as he is interviewing and facing big milestones on his pHd quest, and after each one she says without any doubt, "now daddy will do great, cause Heavenly Father will help him." How I love this little girl! ********************************************************************************** Aunt Kaci has been the light in so many of our days. So often lately, I seem to be struggling and feel burnt out more often than I would like to admit, and many of those days, aunt kaci comes swooping in to shed light into the girls' lives. I am so grateful that she lives here and they can spend time with her and get to really know her...they just adore her...how could you not! Love you Kac!!

6 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

I'm so glad to hear from you again, but each time I read your blog it makes me wish that we had known eachother longer in Tucson and had been able to spend more time together there. Your girls are so sweet, Avery's sure faith, and Fin and her budding personality- how cute that she already her mind set on certain toys. Girls and boys are already so different at that age. Fin's toy thing reminds me so much more of something Mikaela would have done and definitely not something Kacher would do!! Keep the blogs coming, your my inspiration for even starting a blog so you can't quit on me :)

Clawson Family said...

I'm so glad you were able to experience a little snow. I'm wishing we weren't experiencing as much as we are! I am so ready for spring! That is so sweet that Avery is so spiritual, your girls are so adorable! Arli and I are REALLY looking forward to June, we can't wait to see you guys!!! Just let us know exactly when your coming in and we will definitely plan a get together. I really need to call you brooke, I promise I will soon!

Drew and Stormi said...

We miss the snow too! Although I was just telling Drew the other day that I'm glad we are in a warm climate where we don't have to worry about jackets or putting shoes on when we go outside. A little glipse would be alright though=) Avery and Fin are getting big and I can't wait to see them! I'm not sure if Drew mentioned anything, but we're thinking of doing the baby blessing in June...the 20th or 21st...it's a Friday or Saturday, I guess we'll do it somewhere other than in church?! We'll be in MN for about a week we think...we still have to look at tickets! Love the blog..take care!

Kat said...

We were so excited to see your updates. The girls are getting so big and Jon can't beleive how much Avery looks like her mommy! You guys look fantastic and it's so fun to be back in touch and following your adventures. Be in touch!

the Pearce Place said...

hey, it's me again- just wanted to let you know we're coming to AZ again beginning of May, will you guy still be there then? I relaly want to figure out a way to get to Tucson!

Anonymous said...

It has been so long since I read the blog! Thanks for the Aunt Kaci tribute! I cant wait to see the update for the cabin vacation! It was the best trip I have taken in a long time and I am so lucky to have been able to go with you!