Monday, August 31, 2009

FINLEY ANNE TURNS 3!!!

I can't believe our beautiful little Fin is 3...she had a really fun birthday that happened to fall right on a Saturday...the perfect day for a little baby doll party!!
She started the day by opening her presents from Mom and Dad and Avery...she loved them all and had so much fun this year getting some of her very own things and understanding what that means...Avery hands off:)
We then took her out for breakfast...she loves to eat at restaurants...starting young:) Then we headed home where she got a good nap while mom and dad and sister prepared for her party...
The decor turned out pretty cute... The cake was one of my favorites...the bunny in front is her bunny she sleeps with everynight...I took the pictures the night before so they didn't turn out so hot...but it was a fun cake to do! I think the birthday girls' sister was more excited for the party then she was...
When the guests arrived, they could take their baby dolls upstairs where there were activities for them to do with their dolls...they could wash them, put diapers on them, stroll them around, play toys with them, dress them up, and play house with them. When everyone had arrived they all came down to make a bracelet for their doll and them...
When braclets were done, they each got to come to the photo studio, dress up if they wanted, and have their picture taken...
The next stop was by far the highlight!! Aunt Adriane...better known around these parts at Dr. Nose...did a well baby visit for each doll...she was awesome at it and each patient got a certificate of health...
Avery was wowed by Dr. Nose!
We actually had to drag Finley away from the beads...she loved that part...but when she got to meet Dr. Nose all on her own she absolutely loved it!! After Dr. Nose, they went to the "library" where daddy read a Fancy Nancy book to everyone.
Being the wonderful mother I am...I forgot to sing and have her blow out her candles before cutting the cake and distributing it to everyone...so we improvised and sang while everyone was eating on the deck...her candles blew out the minute we walked outside...but she didn't really seem to mind...she was more interested in enjoying her banana/strawberry cake!
She got to open some great presents from her friends...she also opened three things that arrived in the mail that day...gifts from Rachel, Grandma A, and Uncle Drew and Aunt Stormi...thank you to everyone!! It was a fun little party...since we were gone for a good share of August I was nervous is wouldn't turn out so well. But it ended up to be one of the least stressful parties I have done yet! It is actually a great idea for those little doll lovers out there. In the goodie bags (which were little canvas backpacks with the kids names on them) I put a little pink mini bottle filled with goldfish crackers, a pink or blue "it's a girl/boy" gum cigar, a ring pop, a little diaper rolled up with a ribbon, a little blanket rolled up and a little rattle...just in case you want ideas for the future anyone:) ____________________________________________________________________ I cannot describe how much I love this little 3 year old. She is so amazing! She is full of life...always looking to smile and laugh...she love, love, loves to play...loves babies and animals...is super nurturing and loving...always there to dry a tear and give a comfort toy...she loves to help and do things on her own, but also loves to be treated like the baby every now and then...she is a talker to no end...loves music and dancing...singing and did I mention talking? She is a pure delight and we are so thankful that she is part of our family!! Happy Birthday my little Fin...we love you so!!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Holy cow, girl you are FREAKING AMAZING! When can you come to Utah and help me with my kids' birthday parties???!!! Seriously I will throw them parties based on when YOU are here!

Looks like she had a great day and you guys look like you're having a ton of fun. Wish we could get together but we'll keep checkin' in on the blog. Loves - us

Aaron and Mallorie said...

that cake was amazing!!! So so good at organizing parties, and you bake the most wonderful things!!! they are so lucky to have such a great mom!!!!

aunt kaci said...

Wow! I have missed so much! Finley's party looks like a blast! I cant believe she is already 3! I really miss you guys but it was SO much fun to have you here and have makeup parties and sleep overs. PS, I am truly in awe at that cake and bunny. Another amazing talent you have my sister