Okay for those of you who haven't met Bunny yet...here it is...Finley's heroic sidekick.
Bunny doesn't stray far from it's (bunny is genderless) keeper. At the dinner table bunny will sit on the floor...Finley will point obsessively at it and wave her arm chanting "dee, dee" her affectionate sign and name for it. One day bunny found itself beneath the stroller in the mall...it was hanging on for dear life until some sweet old man said, "I believe there is something under your wheel." I brought it up coughing and sputtering. About an inch of dust caked on every corner. I dusted it off quickly and handed it over to a desperately pleading Fin...a decision I would never had made with Avery...that thing would have been throughly cleaned before she touched one little pinky to it...oh the poor second child. I lost bunny one day in a store for a brief time. I frantically retraced my steps and found it in the bathroom...must have needed to jump out of the stroller and visit the germ ridden vinyl floor of Michaels. After that I told myself and Finley...no more bunny in stores...the car and home...that is it! Well, one day not to long ago, I gave in to those pleading brown eyes. She asks (with her signs and chants) every time we arrive somewhere...can bunny come? And clutches it so tightly until I pry it loose and get her out bunnyless. But one day not to long ago...I said okay. One day not to long ago bunny ran away. After traipsing around Aunt Kaci's college for a good hour or so we arrived home tired and hungry and after dinner and baths and stories...realized bunny was no where to be found. I sent aunt Kaci on a desperate trip back to the college to retrace our steps while I tried to get our little Fin to go to sleep without her sidekick...no luck. I was heartbroken. She kept saying "Dee . Dee ." And waving frantically...she was so tired...and so dependant on bunny to get her to dreamland. It was very sad. Aunt Kaci soon called though and said "Bunny has been found!! Battered and beaten, but alive!" Hooray!! I was ecstatic!! (The store that made bunny has since gone out of business so replacing it would be a small feat...and trust me...I had tried everything in the house that was soft and comfy...she knows her bunny!) Bunny came home!! We were all happy...Avery presented "her baby" (as she calls Finley) with the tattered bunny. It had been run over a few times, but I let her go to sleep with it that night and washed it well the next morning and it is in pretty good shape these days. Bunny is a trooper...here is a tribute to bunny and it's cute little keeper.

2 comments:
That was hilarious, POor finley, I have never had a child that attached to something- well I guess Mikaela and her fingers, but I have no worries of her losing those!
By the way, I am a complete blogging fan now, thanks for getting me started :)
The bunny story cracks me up!!! I love how you explained, poor little Finley, and poor bunny!
Post a Comment