Friday, December 7, 2007

Here we go again...

I guess now I have resorted to updating monthly. Actually next week is finals and hopefully after that I will be better at posting. Here is a little recap. ******************************************************************************* We had Sarah and her boyfriend Isaac, and Aaron here for Thanksgiving. It was fun to have so much family around cause Kaci is of course living here now too. We tried to have fun together. We went to the zoo one day and they all took Avery to a paint your own pottery place for her birthday. Carol came over from California to have Thanksgiving and to celebrate Avery's birthday with us. We had ice cream cake on Thanksgiving and she got to open a few presents that day also. Her actual birthday fell on the day after Thanksgiving, so to make sure the majority of her little friends could come, we had a party for her the following week. She told me back in August after Finley's caterpillar party that she wanted a crayon party with a crayon cake. I did my best. There are definitely things I would do different next time, but all in all the kids had fun and that is what ultimately matters. It was interesting though, we were suppose to have it outside in our backyard and the weather men had all said it would rain the next day not the day of the party, and yet we woke up to rain. The weather in Arizona is so unpredictable. So the morning of, we had to scramble to get the garage somewhat set up so we could accommodate everyone. It turned out just fine, although with 10 little 2-3 year olds, almost as many siblings and all of their moms, it was a little cramped. We overflowed as much as possible inside. Anyway, they got to paint on the wall, play a version of musical chairs with color wonder markers, draw and paint like crazy, and break a pinata. (Avery and I attempted to make the first pinata together, which fell apart while it was drying, so I had to construct a new one that worked a little too well...they couldn't break it, I had to cut it open. They were not too sad though when they saw the candy!) They all got deliciously messy and had a good time! So here are the pics. I will do the party first and then a slide show of Thanksgiving. We miss you all and hope all is well...

3 comments:

Grandma O said...

This was so much fun to read all this and look at the pictures. Brooke, you are amazing with your cake decorating......you didn't lean that from your mother! We are so happy that the girls are growing up so happy and having such a great time with life. Our sadness is that we can't watch it happen. Wish so much we could be there to watch them grow. Hopefully we will see you in February when Grandpa and I come to AZ. Wish you guys could be here for Christmas but hopefully next year. By then you will be in a new location and it might be a little easier. We love you all SOOOO much!!!!

Clawson Family said...

Happy Birthday Avery! Brooke, I can't believe you have a 3 year old!!! That cake is incredible, you are so very crafty! It looks like the party was so fun, I can't wait till Arli is old enough for friend Birthday parties( well maybe I can, it sound like a lot of work)

the Pearce Place said...

hey!!! I'm glad to see we're both back in the blogging scene. We were just in Arizona last week, as much as I wanted to, we didn't make it down to Tucson or we definitely would have called you. Phoenix just isn't home to me, I really would have loved to see Tucson again. Anyway, happy birthday to avery, I love the cake.