Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween Everyone!!

We had a great Halloween and hope that everyone else did also! Avery has wanted to be a fireman forever now...and the day finally came. She kept asking me if she could fill up the fire extinguisher though and squirt people...we never quite got around to that. I originally was going to have Finley be a butterfly...I even have the costume still, but I toyed with the Dalmatian fire dog idea and Grandma O found this dalmatian outfit...with a little doctoring, our dalmatian doggie was born...it actually turned out pretty cute though at times it was a little toasty in the Arizona heat...she really loved it. Every time she saw it in the closet she would do the doggie sign frantically and chant "dag dag". It really fits her personality more than a butterfly anyway. She's our little chief hound:)
Daddy was able to stick around and help get the girls into their costumes... So...we mean to ween Finley of her binkey...funny thing is she wouldn't even take one for the first 6 months of her life...now I usually limit it to bedtime, but she sneaks in and takes it from her crib all the time...so here she is with it in her mouth...and then we took it out...bad idea!
After getting ready we headed out to a little Halloween carnival. It was fun, but hot...the girls just wanted to hang out and eat some snacks and then leave. We went parading around the grocery store for a bit then headed home for naps before the big evening.
**************************************************************************************
That night before trick-or-treating we went to a great party at Kristian's friends house. It was really fun!! The kids got to ride a little train, there was a hay maze, a graveyard and lots of yummy food and candy of course. We let Avery eat all she wanted and boy did she have fun! Check out these great "fingers"...the party was amazing with so many fun and creative things I wish I could post it all, but I thought these captured it well.
Finley loves, loves, loves, four things...bunny of course, trains, doggies, and sticks! Anything she can carry all around that have sticks she adores. So suckers...what better stick is there? Don't worry...she didn't actually eat them...her sister on the other hand opened just about every one at the party and took a lick...
Avery heads out with dad and aunt Kaci to do some trick or treating!

5 comments:

charityeve said...

Can a person get exhausted of hearing how CUTE their kids are? I hope not, because what else can I say? They're adorable, but that basically means the same thing. Nice pictures again Sweetie.

Hey, is there a week day evening that is generally available for you? I found some more potential scrappers and I want you in.

Clawson Family said...

What a fun party! I love that Avery wanted to be a fireman and Finley is such a cute dalmation. When I first saw the picture of Finley in her costume I thought it was Avery, are they starting to look more alike?

the Pearce Place said...

very creative. Every little girl out there is a princess for halloween, it's refreshing to see something different! I remember you guys aer strict on Avery's sugar intake, but it sounds like not so strict on haloween? Those hotdog fingers- wow, I've never seen something like that before. I'll hvae to remember them if I ever throw a halloween party.

Grandma O said...

After so long with so many computer wors and FINALLY taking the time to sit down long enough to figure out how to post I am able to write comments! Brooke! This has been more fun than a Grandma who lives a bizzillon miles away from her grandbabies should be allowed to have!!! I LOVE it!!!! What a smart momma my little grandbabies have. This is just awesome! They are the cutiest little girls in the whole world!!! I miss them so much. Hopefully in Feb I can get my Mortenson girls fix! Brooke, just know that keeping this blog is the greatest and that it is so much appreciated! I LOVE to see them and you and their daddy too. Love you all SOOOO much!!!!

Drew and Stormi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY!! I know we are a couple days late...so sorry!
We love you Avery...hope mommy and daddy made your birthday a good one=)