
Here we are again...catching up. I am always amazed at people who can whittle their blog down to a few pictures that capture the essence of what their life is. I realize, as much as I would like to be one of those people, I am not. I envy you all...I am not at all a photographer, but I still cannot narrow it down...it is pathetic. Anyway...for spring break this year we went to the white mountains...an area of Arizona that is nothing of what you might picture. It was cold (well by our coddled desert standards) and we even hiked one day in some SNOW! I know, most people head to the fun and sun for spring break, but most of those people don't live in the desert...it was really great to get away! We seriously spent the first whole day in our sweats...it was perfect. We hiked and just hung out at the cabin and drove around enjoying the beauty of this state that we will so dearly miss. We kept saying before going that we will regret not doing this every year...and we do...it was amazing!
*********************************************************************************
The girls (Fin is less than impressed!)

Much better with Dad!

Our little cowgirl strutting her stuff...

Feeding the ducks one day...



Hiking with dad...

Once again Fin is loving this picture taking thing...

And once again, it is all about daddy...

Aunt Kaci and Avery goin for a stroll at the top of the mountain...Poor aunt Kaci was not used to us 24/7...between the girls constant demands, Kristian and I forcing her to play monopoly till all hours of the night, and being stuffed in the back of a mini van for four hours each way...she was pretty ready to get home! But it sure was fun for us to have her there!! Kaci..."tryouts for soccer tomorrow at 4!!"

So Fin is SUPER attached to her daddy these days! She cannot get enough of him and he is loving every minute of it!

The view at the top of the mountain...if I was any kind of a photographer, this would capture the absolutely stunning beauty...use your imagination:)

Hangin out in the cabin...This cabin was great...we bought groceries for breakfast and lunch and then ate out for dinner...it had two bedrooms and was the perfect setup for us! There was even a playground right out the door. And having a fireplace was a definite highlight! Avery had her first smores ever one night!

This is a lake by Greer...Kristian's family used to spend some vacations at the Greer lodge in this area..it is just beautiful!


We went to a park in the middle of a forest right by a different lake the first day...I know a park in a forest, not a big deal, but I loved it...it was so green...we don't see a lot of that around here!

One of the local stores was having a closeout sale...Kristian picked up some really great western art for half off...they also had this GREAT chair...not sure how much it was, but I am pretty sure we couldn't have packed it home had we wanted to! It was pretty cool!

So we had FUN! It was very refreshing! I will try to post Easter soon:)
6 comments:
Not a good photographer WHATEVER. Those pictures are gorgeous. We always love when you update your blog - whenever it works for YOU! :) It looks like you guys had an amazing time for Spring Break. We need to get out and take the kids hiking sometime, and in the snow - YOU are inspiring!
these are wonderful pictures! How did you find the cabin? That sounds like such a fantastic spring break, and to have your sister there enjoying it with you! I am so impressed. Arizona is an incredible state, I am so glad that you are experiencing all of it. Were you near Snowflake and Pinedale by any chance? Tyler's family has a cabin up there...
you have a beautiful family
I agree with the other comments Brooke, those are great photos! Like I've said before you guys do so many fun things together. I'm glad to finally see pictures of you, did you cut your hair!? I can not wait to see those girls, we will make sure we have nothing going on while you guys are here, I can't wait to see you!!!
Hey there! I just wanted to tell you that your girls are so cute and getting so big!!!! You look great too! We just moved to Santa Fe, NM with Trader Joe's, we're enjoying it so far... Looks like you are getting ready for a move yourself, eh?
Beautiful little ladies. Kendell, Brooke & Ktistian are OK too! Looks like a great time. Wish it was the Appilacian Trail. Glad you were able to have a good time. Moving soon. Will be a wonderful summer.. You five are soooo Blessed. I hope you have a great summer..
Love Mom & Dad
Dad wrote the above post. I am so glad that you are having soooooo much fun WITHOUT us!!!! Sure wish we could have been there too!!!! I'm so glad you guys are doing those kinds of things. This is the time in your live to do them! Can't wait till June to get my hands on those little girls!!! I miss you all so much I can't even THINK about it too much.
Post a Comment