Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We ate cupcakes for dinner...

Happy April Fools Day...spreading joy to all:)These are actually meatloaf "cupcakes" with mashed potato frosting. Found it on some fun site and decided to fool the family...the girls were actually quite disappointed:( I thought Finley was gonnna cry. She said "Mom there's yuckies on here." I felt bad...I guess at 4 and 2 I shouldn't expect them to appreciate the humor:)

8 comments:

Drew and Stormi said...

Love the "cupcakes!" What a great April Fools joke...I will keep this one in mind!
-Stormi and Drew

Nikki said...

Hahaha, I LOVE it! That totally made my day!

Kat said...

Love it! We had meatloaf pie with blue frosting mashed 'tatoes! yours look so much better than mine!

Mr DeJerk said...

Aw! Poor girls! But what a funny joke!

the Pearce Place said...

How do you make food look so amazingly good? You need to open up some kind of cake/pastry shop-- that was a terrific joke, I can imagine my kids would have been near tears too, but hilarious to watch my husband respond :) Great idea!

KristiKay said...

I think my kids would be so mad at me if I pulled that on them, too, especially since Sam doesn't really like meat! I've missed you! Hope you're having a good week!

Grandma O said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I wish I'd have been there!!!! Of course GRANDMA would have had REAL cupcakes (hidden...waithing in the wings) just to make up for the joke.........We miss you guys so much. You're a really good and fun mom, Brooke. Our little Grand daughters are lucky!
Mom and Dad O

aunt kaci said...

Thats classic-they look good tho