Friday, February 19, 2010

Seven weeks have flown by...

This post is primarily for Grandma...we miss you...I finally posted:)
So how is life with three...well...in one word...hectic. I have to say I psyched myself out enough that it is not as bad as I thought it would be...so far. I am waiting for the time when laikyn needs more from me than just food and comfort...and I am absolutley terrified about when she starts to walk...how do you watch three kids playing at the park? But these seven weeks have been mostly good. I am exhausted of course. But look at these little faces...they are certainly worth every tired, teary day:)
Laikyn is about one week old here...Grandma O brought coordinating outfits for the girls so we tried them out before she left.
Poor Kristian has a life of all things girl ahead of him...he takes it in stride though and absolutely adores his little princesses! (Oh...I'm experimenting with a website I found that allows you to play with photos a little...kinda fun...maybe more work than I want to do all the time, but fun for now...so bear with my experiment a little:) The girls cannot get enough of their little sister...want to hold her all the time...they love to watch her have her diaper changed and they love to give her toys and hold her hand. They have been so sweet to her and I love to see them interact with each other.
This picture of Laikyn and Avery was taken at Laikyn's 1 week old party. Avery planned the whole thing...they went to the dollar store with dad and grandma and got balloons and Avery made everyone hats and had us do a little play to celebrate. It was very cute.
Laikyn's first bath:) So being number three you get put down a lot more than the others, but Laikyn takes it well...I am lucky she is so good natured! This picture documents what happens when mom puts her down too quickly though forgetting to harness her in...she wiggled her way down to the bottom:) I hope this kids survives her mother. Here is Laikey (as we call her) around 4 weeks... This is her at 6 weeks...they change so much in such a short time. Laikyn started smiling recently and I caught a brief one on camera...It's usually much bigger than this one...yesterday I caught her smiling at herself in the mirror on her swaddle seat...poor kid...she has to entertain herself all the time...people tell me though that the third kid is usually pretty adaptable...is that true Kac? ;)I'm counting on it...

4 comments:

KristiKay said...

Aaahh! She is super cute! It looks like the girls are SO happy to have her around! You've got some good little babysitters there! I love all the pictures...you're so much better at capturing the moments than me! Hope things are going well! Take care!

Grandma O said...

Oh my gosh!! She is so darned sweet! I can't believe how much I miss those little girls.....this living all the way across the country from each other is awful!!!!
The girls look so cute in their coordinating outfits. Just wish I could squeeze them in them. Love and miss you all soooooo much!

Aaron and Mallorie said...

SHE IS sooo BEAUTIFUL!!! THe post was for me too!! ahaha I was checking all the time to see if you had updated pics of her!! She is so cute!! I cant figure out who she looks like tho. Maybe one of these days when they are all asleep at the same time..aha you should post a pic of all three of them when they were 6 wks old to see if they look simular!! MISS YOU!! Aaron misses you too!! And Belle!!

Kat said...

all three of your girls are GORGEOUS. and we are completely prepared for arranged marriages with our three boys! lol!

How is the three kids thing going? I'm 15 months in and still overwhelmed every single day! But it's worth it.

when are you coming to Utah?