Laikyn Rose born 1-9-10. 7lbs 15 oz 20 1/2 in long.
I have to admit to being absolutely terrified about having three kids. Have been for some time now. But our little Laikyn (lake-in) Rose is here and I couldn't be more enamored and in love. I am still terrified...don't get me wrong, but I had forgotten how wonderful a baby can feel:) We all just adore her and there is a certain something special in the air at our house these days. The girls have been so good with her and I couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy, labor, and first week...things have been great. I know there will be many overwhelming moments of terror and guilt in the coming months and years, but for now I am going to savor our sweet princess and the joy that our little number three has brought us all. Here are some highlights of the last week...
I had a great hospital experience...my only regret is that I only stayed one night:) I had the option and decided to go home less than 24 hrs after her birth cause life goes on...right?


The proud papa:)
She actually is a great mix of both our girls...she has Avery's hair for sure...and I think Finley's eyes...the rest is yet to be discovered:)
I missed my girls! They lifted the H1N1 ban the night before we had Laikyn, so the girls and my mom were able to come and get us from the hospital.
The first time seeing their new sister...
First time holding her...
This is at home...Fin just adores her as I knew she would...she is nurturing and loving in nature:)
We have a picture of the superman arms of each of our girls now:)
I love my little girls and all the pink!!
10 comments:
Welcome, Laikyn! I can´t wait to meet you! You look as pretty as your older sisters, that will take good care of you.
Congratulations to the whole family!
She is absolutely adorable! I love all the pictures, it looks like Avery and Finley adore her! Give them all kisses from us!
she's GORGEOUS and you look fantastic! congratulations. i have been a bad friend about checking blogs and i feel bad i missed her big day!
three kids DID.ME.IN. but it's all worth it and MUCH better now. can't imagine my life without my three little guys. we're so happy for you guys and hope we get to meet her soon!
3 girls :) I"m so happy for you. Babies truly bring an incredible spirit to the home!
Laikyn is so beautiful!! and what a great pic of fin holding her little sister!! Her eyes are gorgeous!! We wish we could come see you!! We miss you!! hope all is well!!
Oh my gosh I want to hold little Laikyn and take Finley and Avery to Old McDonalds for Happy Meals and Kiddy cones! We all just need to live closer to each other!!!!!!This living on two opposite ends of the country stinks!
She is so beautiful, all of your girls are! You look so good too despite just having a baby!
BROOKE! I'm sorry I've been so out of it! Congratulations! Oh, she's beautiful!!! And I love the name! I've been thinking about you, knowing a baby was coming this month. I'm happy she's here safe and sound! Now that I'm to the eighth week, things are getting a bit more manageable. She's sleeping better and eating better and things feel a bit more calm. I hope things are going wonderfully for you and that you're getting enough rest. And I really hope we do have a chance to get together someday soon. I sure love ya and wish you all the best! Keep in touch; I've always got a listening ear if you ever need one :)! Sometimes talking to another mom helps you realize you aren't the only one going through stuff!
AWWWWWW!!!!!! My niece is so perfect! I am so glad she's here! I cant wait to hold you all! I miss you and cant wait to meet Laikyn! She knows I'm her favorite aunt, right Brooke? Just wanna make sure your preparing her! I love you all!
Adriane showed me your blog. Laikyn is so beautiful. You all must be so excited. Congratulations.
Post a Comment