Sunday, September 14, 2008

Miss Finley turns 2!!!

The Birthday Girl!!
We had a little celebration for Finley the weekend of her birthday and it was a lot of fun. I was worried because we wouldn't know anyone for her birthday, but we were thrilled that Rebecca brought the kids and Adriane and Tiago down from Portland to celebrate with us. We love the Fancy Nancy series of books around here and Finley also just loves doggies and told me she wanted a doggie cake for her birthday. So I decided to try to make the stuffed doggie that Nancy has in her Posh Puppy book. It turned out pretty good...so like usual I would do some things differently, but every attempt is a learning experience! The kids got to eat out of doggie bowls too and I decorated in pink, black, and white. It was pretty simple, but fun! Thank you so much family for coming down to help us celebrate and for making little Fin's day so special!Finley got to take a special trip with daddy on her birthday...all by herself...what a treat! Our little two year old has more personality than I often know what to do with. She is a little firecracker, full of life and almost always smiling! She is talking up a storm now and trying to keep up with her big sister as much as she can. She is healthy as a whistle and always off the charts for height. She is sweet, feisty, persistent, charming, flirtatious, clever, fun, cuddly, smart, devious, social, funny, spirited and the list goes on and on. The kid has so much personality it is hard to put it into words, but we love her so and look forward many more great years with our little Fin! Her big sister did a great job of stepping back and letting Finley shine for the day! Aunt Adriane and Uncle Tiago entertained the kids on the deck by teaching a very serious ballet lesson:) Eating up the cakeThe decor The cake shot from the night before...prior to little hands smearing black...the lighting isn't the best, but you get the idea. And the day of...you can see some of the black smudges where my painting job hadn't quite dried yet. He was a cute little dog and really fun to make! Kristian helped out too with the bone, and 2 and placing some of the fondant on. Oh and he also did a terrific job on the button nose and eyes! We are a great team...good thing we're married huh? Aunt Adriane is helping Finley open her presents. It was hard for the other kids not to want to jump in and just get the job done:) Finley is obsessed with babies and so every present prior to opening she said "more babies things...know it"!!! She was very excited!

5 comments:

Clawson Family said...

Happy Birthday Finley!!! She looks so adorable! And that cake looked amazing. I forgot how artistic you are, Brooke. What a cute idea with the decor and your new house looks so pretty, I love the wood floors!

KristiKay said...

OK, Brooke, I think I am the one that needs lessons from you! I've never done anything that talented before! What a cool cake! I'm really proud of you! Amazing! Looks like a very fun party. Those are two very lucky little girls!

Nikki said...

Such a fun party! She's getting so big!

Drew and Stormi said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY FIN! We miss all of you! The girls are getting so big and that cake is amazing, I'll have you make all of Kai's birthday cakes...k...haha!

Anonymous said...

Awww! I miss you guys so much. I feel like a pretty crappy aunt Kaci for not sending a card for Fin. I will make it up with lots of fun trips to the park and book reading when I get there!!!