Sunday, September 28, 2008

Goonies and Pirates...oh my!

The Oregon coast is stunning. We camped last weekend really close to the part of the coast that is in the last scene of the movie Goonies...when the pirate ship is heading out...this is of course not a picture of that...I neglected to get a picture so you will just have to take my word that it is pretty cool:)
All Aunt Adriane wanted for her 23rd birthday was a camping trip with her family. I haven't been camping in years...well since having kids and was pretty apprehensive about it to be honest. It turned out pretty well. We only met rain on the second night and even then it wasn't too bad. The girls just love camping and it is in Kristian's blood, so I think our little family will be stocking up on gear and heading out more now that we have cracked open the egg. I am looking forward to it....honestly:) Grandma entertained the kids so much on this trip she hardly had time to relax! We parents sure appreciated it, but the kids thought they had died and gone to heaven! Thank you, Grandma! Adriane was fortunate to have her in-laws, the Denczuks, in town from Brazil and we all had fun getting to know her new family a little better. All the cousins love Aunt Adriane!! Dancin on the beach at sunset! Fin's face looks kinda funny, but I liked the background:) Fin has the smile thing down! She lights up the world!
Avery is our little acrobat. I admire her fearless spirit so much! The best part, I think about camping, is the down time... The cousins had a lot of fun together...mostly:) I just love this little family! It was a little to cold to go into the water, much to the girls' disappointment, but they did have a lot of fun in the sand! Aunt Rebecca had the great idea to do a treasure hunt with the kids..they loved it! We had Adriane wait on the beach and draw a huge X in the sand, while Grandma came and told the kids she had found this map on the beach. They got decked out in pirate gear and headed off to find the loot! It was pretty cute! A huntin we will go! And the treasure is found!! It was a fun weekend and we were greatful to have the oppourunity to see more of Oregon and hang out with family.

7 comments:

D Oesterle said...

How fun! Drew would be so glad that the girls got to experience camping...I'll show him the update when he comes home=)I love the pictures Brooke...everyone looks great! Except I didn't see any of you! Miss you all!
-Stormi

Nikki said...

I think we definitely need to join you on a campout! It looks like so much fun! I'm especially jealous of the cousin time. I hope we are able to get the cousins together often as they grow up.
I'm with Stormi, let's see some pics of you!

Anonymous said...

I just love you guys and I cant wait to get there.

Anonymous said...

that was me, aunt Kaci

KristiKay said...

It looks like you guys had TONS of fun! I love all the pictures of those cute little girls and the ocean...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a great time it looks like you all had. Just seeing these pictures makes me miss you all even more but I love that we CAN see pictures of you all. The girls look so happy. That makes me happy! What a beautiful little family. You are so blessed and so are we. Love you all so much!
Grandma and Grandpa O

Carli said...

Brooke!!! This is Carli Adair from all those years ago in Chicago. I linked to your site from Kristi. I loved reading your blog and looking at pictures of your cute family. It is so great getting in touch with old friends through the internet. Let's catch up sometime!