This like so many of you...is also my favorite time of year. I absolutely love Halloween and everything that comes with it. This year was really a great year I have to say...here is a step into our past month and all our Halloween festivities...enjoy!
I'll fill you in on the above slide show...We actually went twice to the pumpkin patch this year. Once with Avery's school and then again with playgroup. It was such a change from last year...there is something about picking pumpkins in the cold as opposed to 90 degrees...it just feels like fall everywhere...I can't get enough of all the leaves changing and walking through them all...I didn't realize how much I have missed this time of year being in the desert for the past six falls...I love it! Anyway...back to the pictures...the pumpkin patch had great activities like duck racing, hay mazes, corn mazes, corn bins to play in, and many more...much fun! I went all out with the food this year...we made several batches of Halloween cookies for various activities. I made a Halloween dinner the night before Halloween that was pretty fun, and then made Halloween pumpkin pancakes in the tradition of my mom:) I also made Frankenstein cupcakes (see below slide) and a pumpkin roll and pumpkin pie...whew...my mixer needs a rest:) I helped at the indoor park I am involved in by creating some games for their Harvest Festival and I also hosted a Halloween carnival at our house for playgroup. We also went up to Salem to the children's museum there called the Gilbert House and went to their Harvest Festival and had a lot of fun...we have been a little busy! I love October and hope next year is just as fun filled!
So on Halloween, my friend Emily and her two kids went along with us trick-or-treating downtown Corvallis to all of the shops. It is such a fun little town...there are three main streets downtown where all the businesses load up on candy and the town comes out to have some fun...It sure beats going at night in the cold...I let dad do that round:) We then went home, put out a bowl for the visitors and headed over to some friends house where the girls went trick-or-treating and then we all had a great Halloween dinner party. It was a long, sugar filled night and oh so worth it! Happy late Halloween everyone!! Oh...a note on our costumes...Avery is of course a Pirate...she loves everything pirate these days. Finley insisted on being a baby for Halloween until a few days ago when I saw a cheap cinderella outfit and convinced her that she could be a cinderella baby. Everytime I would see a cute outfit and try to pursuade her she insisted on the baby thing. So I felt pretty good about cinderella baby...then we were shopping for hats for mom and dad and a few pirate accessories when she declared that she wanted to be a pirate baby princess...so I glued a pirate patch to her outfit and threw an oversized pacifier around her neck and Finley Halloween 2008 was born...oh well...what can you do...she looks cute in whatever, I had just hoped it would look a little less like dress up hour and a little more like Halloween;)






7 comments:
It looks like you've been having incredible fun! I love Fall. Sometimes I wish it lasted a little longer. I LOVED your Frankenstein cupcakes...so so cute! And those little girls are so adorable...there just aren't words to describe their cute-ness! I loved the picture of you, too!
I miss the FALL weather!! Looks like you all had a blast and are enjoying all the new people/places that Oregon has to offer! Can't wait to visit!
-Stormi, Drew, and Kai
HI! You are such a fun mom, you have the cutest little activties you do with the kids- all the fun halloween creations, and their costumes look adorable! This is a wonderful time of year.
Jon just told me we should have been friends much earlier in our lives with our love of this time of year!
You guys look fantastic and I think you are the funnest mom ever.
Ohh! I cant believe its been a year already! Where has it gone! Avery's hair is getting so long and Fin looks more and more like her Mom every day! I cant wait till November 20th! I think thats the day. hahaa
Bitter Sweet. I remember all the fun Halloweens we had when you kids were little and I HATE that we can't be there with the next generation to enjoy them too. So grateful for these blogs. Makes it a little easier. These little girls just burst with the love that is poured into them from their mom and dad. You guys are great! We love you so.
Grandma and Grandpa O
I love the pirate princess baby! Too funny =) Thanks for the carseat advice! We miss you!
Post a Comment