Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Our week in pictures...lots of pictures...

Life has been unusually busy with uneventful stuff as of late and I have found it difficult to keep up with the blog, so I will do a sort of catch up in pictures for you...here goes... ********************************************************* Mom..."Avery you did such a good job of eating without making a big mess! Good job!" Avery..."Yeah, I am getting big. (pause) I want to be like daddy when I get big. (longer pause) Then there will be TWO Kristians!!" Here is the hero with his two little girls. Avery wanted Finley to do ring around the rosy with her (one of Avery's favorite things to do) but since Finley is just a bit to young she thought "row row row your boat" would be fun! She is a really great big sister! Finley has been on a more compatible schedule as her sister lately and so they have been able to take a few baths together...I don't think I have seen Finley happier! Bath's are usually her favorite time of the day anyway but it is like Christmas when she gets to take one with her sister! So FUN!!! About that great big sister thing...I call this picture "little miss innocent." Lately Avery has had some problems with biting...she likes to bite Finley on the foot. I am not sure it is totally out of anger or jelousy...I think it is more about energy and lack of control. But even with this impulse problem she is the best big sister a little kid could want...Finley just adores her! This is not a biting aftermath picture, but I thought it captured the image well. You would think she was advertising her new cup...I asked for a smile and our little superstar obliged! Sometimes, I just can't resist taking pictures of my girls! Finley is a really good sport! "Mom...I know I'm cute...let's get going already!" Some mornings I put Fin's hair up in a sprout on top of her cute little head...I guess because I was subjected to such torture as a child...anyway...I take it out at nap time and when she gets up it often looks like this...all that I can say is "Punk Rock Girl...she's my punk rock girl..." ******************************************************** Yesterday(tuesday) was graduation day for this session of movers and shakers! Here she is recieving her certificate! She was so excited that it was pink! Movers and shakers is actually one place that we go each week where Finley has a lot of fun! She loves to explore and follow her big sister around...she grins just about the whole time! Well, I said just about... Here the girls are having some great fun on the bars. Look out Finley! This was also Avery's last class with her friend Mikaela...she is moving to Indiana and will be greatly missed! Avery had her over last night to play and started to cry when she had to leave...she will really miss her little friend! ********************************************************************** Last Wednesday for our church playgroup we went to the Community Food Bank to learn more about what goes on there. The moms had a good time, but it was definitely a little boring for the kids...except when we went outside to the garden. They had some fun walking around with the chickens and trying some fun foods. Everything is grown organically and they sponsor free classes for people to learn how to grow all kinds of things in the desert...it is a really great community program! Avery is a kid who will try anything at least once...so when our tour guide offered us some purslane or verdo lagas (supposedly this is a vegetable...but it resembles an herb and tastes more like an herb) she was first in line. When does the fun begin Fin asks... Avery was so nice to share a plant with the chicken...here chicken, chicken... Poor Finley...missing a shoe...bored out of her mind...poor second child!

1 comment:

Clawson Family said...

WOW Brooke you guys keep very busy! It will be crazy when i finally have two, I seem to have my hands full with just one! I can't say it enough but those girls are so adorable! Finley seems so easy going, I guess when your the second child you have to be! Oh and I love the outfits, I've got to get myself down to SLC to visit Naartjie!