Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another busy week...

This week was extra special because Aunt Kaci was in town!! She is moving here in August and we are so excited! The girls had so much fun with her and we were all sad to see her go, but excited that she will soon call Tucson her home! Here are some highlights of our week before Kaci came and then also a bit after. Unfortunately there is only one picture of her...I neglected to capture one single picture of them playing with their aunt...I'm sorry Kac! She spent so much time with them and they loved every minute! ************************************************************************************ So yesterday for playgroup with our church friends we went to a splash park to celebrate Mikaela turning 3! It was really fun, although Avery was more interested in the playground part than she was in playing in the water! Finley really liked it though! The girls started swimming lessons this week and that is how it went, Avery kept complaining that it was to cold and she was ready to get out and Finley thought she had died and gone to heaven...such different personalities! This was the last day that we got to see the Pearce's (Mikaela and Katcher) :( We will all miss them so much, but Avery is especially sad...she has talked about Mikaela so much...you really can't explain to a 2 year old what moving is...she keeps telling me that she is moving to a new house too like Mikeala. I told her that Mikaela wouldn't be able to come to our house again and she said...mom, I will be so sad that she can't come...they will be missed! Here Mikaela and Avery are splashing around... Avery venturing out a little... The little sun babies... Here Finley and Katcher are exploring the water... *********************************************************************************** Avery got to go to her friend Matthew's birthday party at Pump It Up! Aunt Kaci stayed with Finley so mom could take Avery and Mikaela! They had a blast as usual! Look at me mom! *********************************************************************************** Last Saturday, we woke up and went for a hike up sentinel peak! It was really fun! Avery even got to get out of the backpack and hike for a bit herself...what a big girl! Peek-a-boo Fin!! Here she is finally! The hiking queen- happy as can be! The Hiking duo! Mom and Fin stopping for a photo... *********************************************************************************** For playgroup last week we decorated sugar cookies at the church! It was really fun - mostly just a chance for the kids to load up on frosting, but hey that's the best part anyway! Here's Finley just hanging out in the corner...I really do try to involve her when I can...there is really only so much she can do at this age, and she usually prefers to be down crawling around anyway! Avery is quite the little negotiator! She will find a solution for you no matter what and it always goes in her favor! Here Avery and Emma are negotiating who gets the sprinkles next...************************************************************************************ These next few pictures were taken at our trip to the fire station last week. When we did this with our other playgroup, Avery was really into it...this time not so much. She kept running around their rec room telling me she was getting exercise. None of my pictures of the group in front of the trucks turned out but when I get a copy from a friend I will post it...here is what poor Fin got to do (besides be carried around by mommy) she just hung out as usual! This is typical Avery mooching some snacks from a very apprehensive Naomi! I love Naomi's expression! It's like she's saying what are you trying to negotiate now Avery? Here Avery is playing her favorite Ring around the Rosie with her friend Ellia. Ellia is about the only kid that Avery knows who will play it with little coaxing!

3 comments:

Grandma O said...

Iam soooo glad that you are doing this Brooke. I know that it's not easy with the two little girls.....they take lots of time....believe me....I KNOW!!! I'm not sure I would have been as good as you are at doing this but just know that it is muchly appreciated!!!
The girls are so beautiful and I know it's not just because they are my grandchildren. They really ARE! I can't wait to get out there and get my arms around them at the end of the summer.....give them HUGE Grandma kisses from me, OK?

Clawson Family said...

Brooke you guys keep so busy! I hope I can do that when I'm juggling two kids! I can't wait to see those two and you and Christian too! I'm not sure when that will be, I wish we could come visit! Oh and I was going to call you last night but totally forgot, I really do want to talk though, so I will try you tonight. Whew, sorry about the long comment!

Anonymous said...

Yeay!!! The hiking pics are fantastic! I think I even took one of them!! The girls are so much fun and I can't wait for Avery to negotiate ring around the rosie with her aunt Kaci again! Pretty soon Fin will be joining us...HaHa!! Just wait! How's Dr. Bear been doing?