Our little monkey turned 1 way back in January and her lame mother is just now posting about it. She has brought SO much joy and fun into our family! We are all madly in love with this little girl and she pretty much gets away with everything...which is becoming a bit of a problem:) We just adore her to pieces!!
We have a tradition for first birthdays in our family. We keep the party simple with as much family as can attend and we eat cake and ice cream and head to the nearest build a bear. The closest family and build a bear just so happened to be in Portland so we headed up there and celebrated with Adriane and Tiago, and Rebecca and the kids. It was a fun filled day!
At Build A Bear
We ate the cake at the OMSI's food court as it was raining out...surprise surprise...what...rain in Oregon?!?! Shocking:)
As mentioned...we ate the cake at the OMSI in Portland so it had to be transported...so the last picture in the collage is how it turned out from being driven around for about 3 hours and rained on...not too bad...but also not ideal. It was a fun cake...my first real topsy turvey...I have since attempted a 3 layer that I will post sometime soon...I haven't gotten any better...oh well...they are harder than I thought they would be:) The monkey's are because we call her monkey and her lovey is a monkey...and the ball with one of the monkey's is because the girl is obsessed with balls...anything that is a circle is a ball...she has a great arm too for her little age...We just love her!!
At Build A Bear
As mentioned...we ate the cake at the OMSI in Portland so it had to be transported...so the last picture in the collage is how it turned out from being driven around for about 3 hours and rained on...not too bad...but also not ideal. It was a fun cake...my first real topsy turvey...I have since attempted a 3 layer that I will post sometime soon...I haven't gotten any better...oh well...they are harder than I thought they would be:) The monkey's are because we call her monkey and her lovey is a monkey...and the ball with one of the monkey's is because the girl is obsessed with balls...anything that is a circle is a ball...she has a great arm too for her little age...We just love her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment